Thursday, September 22, 2005

Info regarding 1Ls and LexisNexis webcourse

In the past couple days, we've gotten renewed inquiries about the LexisNexis webcourse.

As I stated in my e-mail last week, 1Ls will not have access to the LexisNexis webcourse for a couple of weeks. We will send an announcement over the listserv once everyone is enrolled in the LexisNexis webcourse. Until you receive that e-mail, please do not e-mail the Board asking why the LexisNexis webcourse is not working for you. It is not working because you are not yet enrolled in the webcourse.

As I stated last week, the major reasons for the time this takes are technical:
(1) Not all of the 1Ls have started using LexisNexis in your LRRW classes, which means that you are not all in the LexisNexis user list right now. This means I have no way of adding many of you to the webcourse yet.
(2) LexisNexis has a really slow course management interface, which requires me to type in each name by hand and then click through a couple of menus each time I add a person. This means that even after all of you have active LexisNexis accounts, it will take me a while to get everyone entered in.

As I stated last week, seeing a bazillion outlines will not help you much at this point in the semester. However, if you have a burning desire to start looking at other peoples' outlines before everyone is enrolled in the webcourse, ask your mentor for copies of his/her outlines.

No comments: